Monday, August 26, 2013

Digital Project Life: Week 34

Welcome to my Digital Project Life spreads for Week 34.  If you've been following my blog, you may noticed that I changed something up with my pages this week. 

Whole Spread:

Left Side:

Right Side:

What Happened This WeekIt was a pretty normal week around here.  It was super hot and humid here most of the week, so there were multiple ice cream outings (not that there aren't any when it isn't super hot). This was one of my 'heavier' work weeks (3 days, poor me!), so it was "Daddy Daycare", as my husband likes to call it.  We went out with friends for dinner one night, and my cousin was nice enough to invite us to their pool on the weekend. It was an awesome day for it!  We had so much fun!

Techniques Used: More videos included this week.  Now that I've figured the whole QR code thing out, I've become addicted!  I am pretty late to the party on that one, but it is such a fun way to include a little more 'life' in my pages!  I also changed it up, and went with a template with squared corners, as opposed to the traditional rounded corners of the official Project Life templates.  (I created it myself, I was too cheap to pay for something that I could easily create).  I also stuck to the theme of the last few weeks, and used a digital paper pack (A Perfect Summer, by Lori Whitlock), instead of a Project Life kit.  Other than that, just used some brushes, photo templates, and did some journaling on photos.  

Overall Thoughts: I'm not so sure what I think about the squared edges.  I thought I would for sure love the change, and the 'clean' look of it (I have really been into 'Clean and Simple' design, ever since taking a Cathy Zielske course by that same name).  I actually thought it would inspire me to switch to squared edges for the remainder of the year, but now I'm not so sure... Other than that, I like how the pages turned out.  I do feel like I am in a bit of a rut as to what I am putting on my pages though.  It feels very formulaic, which is nice in one way, because it makes putting the pages together easier, but I don't want them to seem too similar when I look back on them.  We'll see if I can come up with something different to include for next week!

I would love to hear any ideas you have!  Maybe a list of prompts, etc.?  Have you found any products with good prompts?  Do you like the squared or rounded edges better?  Help me decide which look I should go with next week :)

Thanks for looking!  I will also be linking these pages up to The Mom Creative this week for Project Life Tuesday.  

Supplies Used:

4 comments:

  1. I love the clean look of your pages and I think the square corners go very well with it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...